Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Whoa.




Life around here is crazy ya'll.

In the past week I've spent time in San Antonio, moved into a new apartment, painted (okay, okay--I'm in the process of painting) my old one, took a quick trip to Greensboro, NC to play around on some top of the line fitness equipment for work (DREAM JOB!), and will be celebrating my best friend's BIRRRFDAY tonight with a round of karaoke.

Oh and it only gets better from there. But we'll start with a quick round up of this week's events first. ;)

Remembering the Alamo... of course.
Last Wednesday I traveled to San Antonio with my sister for her work conference. Boring for her, fun for me. :)

San Antonio isn't exactly my top choice for a mini vacation but it was fun to go to Texas. I can officially mark that state off of my list. :) We arrived Wednesday night LATE and never quit moving from there. I can say without a doubt that I've never done so much walking in my ENTIRE LIFE. Throw in some hardcore 4.30 mile treadmill interval workouts everyday and by the time Sunday rolled around... uhh, this kid was exhausted. But let's be honest--I had an awesome time. Besides walking a LOT (I can't reiterate this enough!), I lounged by the rooftop pool, shopped til I dropped, went hunting for ghosts, had the BEST Mexican food EVERRRRR, and got to spend time with my sister. :) Can't beat that, right?! 


We had a late flight on Sunday so my head didn't hit the pillow until around 1AM... I was exhausted! I'm not one to sleep on the flight.. period. BLAHHHH. Anyway, as soon as I woke up on Monday it was GO GO GO! Let's be honest here--I'm the world's biggest procrastinator. FOR REAL! I hadn't packed a THING yet! Luckily my mom came to the rescue and was AMAAAAAZING! By 3PM I was packed and ready to start moving! My dad and brother came over and moved the larger things and about 6 trips back and forth later, by 7:30PM I was completely moved in my new place! It was awesome! I have the absolute best family EVER. (And have come to the conclusion I'm never moving again! I HATE IT.)

Although I'm sad to leave our old house--my best friends and I spent our first year of post grad there!--I'm excited about the new place too! I will forever miss my turquoise room (and WILL have another turquoise room one day!) however I'm so ready to start decorating and crafting for the new one! (Thank God for Pinterest!)

My new duvet cover! Courtesy of Urban Outfitters! Seriously, I'm obsessed with this color!

NEW TV! :) And my signature colorful socks ;)

Slowly but surely getting unpacked :)
So yeah, I'm officially moved in but I still have TONS of work to do! Including LOADS of unpacking. Working + Moving = hard stuff. BLAH.

Oh and like I said, throw in a mid week trip to Greensboro, NC with my awesome coworkers and... yeah, that certainly doesn't help either. But the trip was oh so worth it. Whether I've mentioned it before or not, I work at a college as Assistant Director of Student Activities & Recreation (basically I have the coolest job ever) and my coworkers and I work in the college's student center. WELL, we recently received a LARGE donation to build on to our current fitness center so we're in the market for some amaaaazing exercise equipment and yesterday we got to go test it out and pick the pieces we want in our new gym. As a major gym rat, I was in HEAVEN. It was so much fun! I can't even begin to tell you all of the super cool things I got to test out. ;)

And that pretty much brings us to today. Today consists of work, a round of Insanity (still LOVE it), LOTS of painting (BLAHHHH), and hopefully getting done in time to go celebrate my best friend's birffffday with some karaoke. :) 

I'll be honest though.. as much as I'm looking forward to tonight and the weekend... what I'm really looking forward to is Monday. Why? I'll be seeing this guy. :)

Keeping it classy.
AHHHHHHHH. SO EXCITED! :) :) :) :) :) :) I'm so in love with that guy. ;)

Oh and if that wasn't good enough, check out this text I received from my mom earlier today....


Oh yeah. That just happened. BEACH NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm one tired but HAPPY camper. ;)

Until next time!

Sarah

PS-- Goal update sooooon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment