Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

What happens when you're bored.

Fact #1 about me--I hate being bored. I'm bad at having nothing to do. In fact, I loathe it. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes I complain about being busy but deep down, I wouldn't have it any other way.

So what happened this past weekend when I got bored? I signed up for a half marathon because that seemed like a perfectly logical thing to do. 


It seemed like a good idea at the time? I'm not a hardcore runner by any means. I think the most I've ever run at one time is 6 miles. But I'm goal oriented... so it should be a piece of cake.. right? Right?! Good news is that it's not until September 23rd. That gives me all summer long to do my thing. And with Peter gone to camp until August, I'll need something to occupy my time. Maybe quarter life crisis was a good title choice after all. 

In other news, I had a fairly eventful weekend. Semi-exciting even. I may be a "grandma" but I still know how to have fun. Okay, well, grandma-ish fun. 

Friday I went total fan girl and saw the Hunger Games...and drug Peter with me. I don't think he appreciated the movie as much as I did. :)


Saturday was full of de-hoarding my parent's "shack"... otherwise known as Peter's future place of residence. Let's put it this way, after my brother moved out, it was basically a hiding space for all of my forgotten college momentos. I found my first Phi Sig poster, pictures I haven't seen in ages... and okay, a bunch of crap. I'm very well aware that one day I'll probably end up on one of those hoarding TV shows.. there's no shame in my game. 

Saturday also marked Louisville's elite eight game vs. Florida. It was looking pretty bleak there for a while but my boys pulled it out. :) I'm one proud Louisville fan this week. My boys will be playing that "other" team from Kentucky in the Final Four. Is anyone expecting us to win? Probably not. But I believe in my boys. :D C-A-R-D-S! 


And then Peter and I proceeded to rent a movie, not watch it, and fall asleep at 10PM. Hey, it happens.

Sunday was much of the same. Early morning workout, quick trip to the shack, and a sitting in on a Phi Sig initiation. Not a bad Sunday by any means.

Sprinkle in a few workouts (speaking of which--I'm now obsessed with the rowing machine! Why did I not discover it before Friday! Hello half-mary cross training!) and that was my weekend in a nutshell. I know, I know--crazy.

Let's see what kind of shenanigans this self-declared grandma can get into this week.

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment